Thursday 1 May 2014

Manchester Design Awards

It's been a while since I finished this project (over 18 months) but it was one that I really enjoyed doing. I submitted it for my first portfolio of second year and got a really good grade for it so you can understand my disappointment that it wasn't including in my final portfolio at the end of the year and therefore my grade for second year.

However, it got its moment (rather, two weeks) of glory this year when I entered it into the Manchester Design Awards - my first real competition experience. 

It took a while for me to eventually decided to enter that project and then I spent the entire morning practically re doing my images and putting my sheet together but I got it finished and gave it a touch of Wainwright.

Since doing that project, I've gotten really into hiking and I wanted to show this in my work - making references to Alfred Wainwright and using his style of illustration to present my project. 

Last night was the awards night and although I didn't win it was a good evening and kinda cool to see my work up on the wall along with other students and professionals. (I did see a few people looking at my project!)

No comments:

Post a Comment