Thursday 20 September 2012

Back at Uni

I will be honest here. I forgot about writing. Although I haven't made many significant additions to  my project since last time, I was too busy packing last week and too busy partying this. I did get the chance to sit down and do some hard core AutoCAD yesterday. I also began my presentation sheets and even made a passable attempt at a photo montage. 



Yesterday's work also included me working out the joints for my frame and building it properly on AutoCAD. This was either very simple or my skills are improving significantly! From having my frame built, I could then go on to explode it to show how it all fitted together. 

So, like I said, I am back at uni now and had my introductory lecture this afternoon. We have been given the new brief: to design and (some of us) built a pavilion for Dunham Massey.  We are heading out there next Tuesday to see the house and make some site analysis etc. 


Frame with posts that will eventually support the walls
and the roof.
Plan of the frame showing the holes where the posts sit.


Probably the best bit of news we received today was that, for the time being at least, we don't have to get the A1 poster and film together to present. We simply have to put the work we have done onto a sheet and bring it with us on Tuesday to show to the rest of our group, to give them an idea of our skills etc, as we will be working in groups for this project. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment